MINDFULNESS COURSES FOR ADULTS
Mindful Moment Education & Consulting offers mindfulness instruction to adults and can tailor course offerings to meet specific needs; for example, mindful parenting, work-life balance and stress reduction in general.
All courses are primarily experiential.
With regular practice we become
more aware, more often.
Adult courses are designed to enable participants to:
- Heighten awareness of whatever may be causing difficulties with a cordial attitude;
- Step out of the habitual mode of ruminating the past or anticipating the future with relative ease;
- Discern and make wholesome choices with a widened perspective;
- Be comfortable with more “being” and less “doing”.
MBSR (MINDFULNESS BASED STRESS REDUCTION)
The classic eight-week MBSR course was originally conceived in the 1970’s by Jon Kabat-Zinn in the United States. Although originally developed for Americans with various chronic health conditions, MBSR has been refined and adapted over the years by mindfulness practitioners to cater to a general audience as well as people with specific issues (for example, cancer, pain, eating disorder and depression).
In this course students will:
• Learn what mindfulness is and how they can apply it to reduce stress;
• Understand what stress is and how it can affect them physically, mentally and emotionally;
• Learn simple meditation and mindful movement techniques;
• Acquire a new perspective towards befriending themselves, their body sensations, thoughts and emotions; and
• Explore ways to relate to themselves and others to feel more connected and fulfilled.
Each of the eight sessions will move between didactic and experiential learning including meditation and movement. Home practices, a core component of the course, are set at the end of each session.
Please get in touch to find how what we’re planning, or let us know what you’re interested in